Eastside 911       Eastsider on the Go      School Yard         Eastside Citizen        Home & History       Scenes & Sightings 
d

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Was it a sumo match or just another Echo Park neighborhood council meeting?

Sumo fans might be offended about comparing their ancient sport to the modern day wrestling matches involving clashing egos and agendas at the Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council. But alternate council member Luiza-Padilla Mavropolous claims that she was assaulted in Sumo-like fashion by the council president following a meeting at an Echo Park church:

"President Jose Sigala bellied me like a sumo wrestler causing me to lose balance, causing me to twist so I wouldn't fall ..."

Mavropolous also claims that council treasurer Francisco Torrero called her a "whore" during a heated argument. "He called me a whore. I'm no ones whore," she wrote in a complaint formed filed with the city's Department of Neighborhood Empowerment.

Backing Mavropolous in her case against Sigala is council member Augustin Cebada, a former Sigala ally who attracted attention early this year for his rants against Jews and Whites. If you want to hear more, and there is much more, about this incident, and other complaints filed by Mavropolous, Cebada and others, drop by tonight's meeting of the GEPENC Grievance Committee.

Photo by Dwasss76 via Flickr

4 comments:

  1. What a clown show/nut magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record I stand 100% behind the wording of the complaint submitted to the Dept. of Neighborhood Empowerment AKA DONE. A police report was filed against Jose Sigala by me. To be fair to the grevence process I will not discuss what happened in the meeting, this is the job of the grevience committee. The Sigalas brought there 2 young children to this meeting both under the age of 10 (I think) to this hearing. I felt it very disrespectful to the children that they be subjected to hearing how corrupt/manipulative their folks act in public, they could have aforded a babysitter for 3 hours. . Children this young should never have to sit through a process where people are openly talking bad about the parents, even if it is the truth, they are too young, but that's just my perception. Thank you to all the people who came out to testify and told their truth. BTW the above picture made me LMAO, I agree Sumo fans might be ticked off about the pic. I does look funny used in this content. FYI, I wasn't the one sweating bullets, turning red in the face or pacing the room. Is it possible that we will be saying bye, bye to the Sigalas???. Justice can be funny and twisted at times. Thanks Eastsider you made me laugh and released my stress. BUT have to admit I had a migraine/bad belly ache the whole time I was there. Next time I wish for something, I will be careful of what I wish for. In this instance I wished for an integrated GEPENC board and look what I got, the Sigala's and their form of twisted polictics.
    Sincerely,
    Luiza Padilla-Mavropoulos
    Alt. Dist.1 GEPENC

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article failed to mention that Sigala is also an aide to City Councilman Richard Alarcon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to next one.

    As an EP resident and concerned citizen I should go, right? Wait a minute, wait un minuto aqui. Lakers on?

    ReplyDelete